Factors contributing to diaper rashThere are certain factors that trigger the occurrence of skin inflammations in diaper area, including:
- antibiotic therapy, which alters the microflora within the gastrointestinal tract;
- teething and infections, which weaken the immune functions of the body;
- contact and atopic dermatitis, as they weaken the protective layer of the skin, making it more susceptible to the activity of irritating substances;
- modifications in child’s diet, leading to changes in the content and type of bacterial microflora in the gastrointestinal tract;
- improper hygiene of diaper area (using inappropriate caring products, inaccurate washing, rare diaper change);
- high temperatures, which contribute to inflammations and irritations.